Steamed Mussels with Spicy Seafood Dip – hoi meng poo ob dakrai
- In Thailand we have beautiful green-lipped mussels, the color is amazing and they are meatier than the regular black/grey mussels. In most countries you can only buy these frozen at a very high price at gourmet shops. If you’ re lucky you can find them frozen and cheaper at your Asian shop, if not use the regular mussels.
- You’ ll be amazed by this recipe – it’ s much faster, tastier & healthier than the classic French way.
- Any mussels that don’ t open after steaming should be thrown away.
- 2 kg mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- 3 stems lemongrass, prepared the ‘ don’ t eat me way’