BAR & FOOD – THE TALK OF THE TOWN!
and on the BEACH FRONT!
TIME FOR LIME’S BEACH BAR
It’s overt 10 years since Time For Lime introduced the Cuban cocktail, the “Mojito” (with our own recipe of course) to Koh Lanta. They became very popular among guests and it took about 2 years before other places started trying to copy the recipe (with bad results!) They also misunderstood one small thing, they thought the cocktail was called the “mosquito”… Nowadays no one calls them after this irritating biting insect anymore
Time for Lime’s Mojitos were, and still are, recommended in several travel guidebooks around the world. The owner Junie is actually a big margarita fan and so, for the last two years, secret experiments have been conducted behind the bar, resulting in a new favourite being born. This one goes under the code name, “medicine” and the secret recipe, based on lemongrass, has almost taken over from the famous mojitos in the popularity ratings!
People who like nice wine won’t be disappointed here either. We offer a small but reasonable wine selection, that goes equally well with Thai/fusion food or on its own.
Our beach bar is informal and cosy; you won’t have to mime in order to communicate with friends, but you will be able to listen to cool jazz and chill out music.
We have a 2nd floor, similar to a tree house, which has a great view over Klong Dao beach. Here you can follow what’s going on in the cooking class below, enjoying a drink or a 6 dish Tasting Menu. This is where you can relax and is only ADULTS ONLY zone. (2nd floor closes in low season.)
As we have limited space, we recommend families with children down stairs to come early.
We also also take table reservations and will hold the table for 15 min. of the time reserved.
TIME FOR LIME’S FOOD
We have taken back our popular 6 dish TASTING MENU, because of demand. Often when you’re on a vacation, you order the same thing over and over again, because you don’t dare to try new dishes. We have composed a great Thai & Fusion 6 Dish Tasting Menu that changes every day. You’ll get to taste a little bit of everything in one evening. New flavors, new experiences that you will remember and enjoy.
A full VEGETARIAN version of the 6 dish Tasting Menu is also available.
How does the TASTING MENU work?
1. The menu consists of 5 tapas size dishes and 1 small tasting sweet surprise.
The menu is designed for 1 person.
2. The menu is different for every weekday
3. The 6 dishes are prepared separately and usually served separately. The 6 dishes will not necessarily be served in the sequence as the printed menu you receive. But… when you come to the dessert, then you know you have finished!. Together they become: a feast for one person.
The Tasting menu takes about 1,5 hour to enjoy – so no fast food here, sorry.
4. The price for all 6 dishes is 490 baht. The Vegetarian version is 450 baht.
• If you’re only a bit hungry, you can share the 6 dish Tasting Menu, but take in mind this will be a light and not a full meal for 2, and it still will take about 1,5 to enjoy.
• You can also order 1 of the dishes of the day and we will make it as
a larger main dish.
Main Dish prices: Vegetarian: 120, Chicken: 140, Seafood: 180
• If you just want a snack we serve our yummy SPRING ROLLS EVERY DAY
|See our daily TASTING MENU||See our daily Vegetarian TASTING MENU|
BAR: 3pm – finished. HAPPY HOUR on our cocktails from 3.30 – 6.30pm
RESTAURANT: 5 pm – finished. Last order 9.30 pm
TIME FOR LIME is CLOSED on SUNDAYS